The conference proceedings for ECSA 2020 will be published as a special issue of the Journal of Science Communication (JCOM). To be considered for inclusion in this special issue, conference submissions must meet the following criteria:
- Only proposals that submitted an extended abstract (1,000 words) will be considered. This includes all types of sessions: interactive workshops, papers, presentations and posters.
- Only proposals that were accepted for the conference, and which will be presented, will be considered.
- If the conference committee asked you to merge your proposal with another for the conference, you do not need to merge papers submitted to the journal. These can still be considered separately.
- If, in light of the conference session, you would prefer to merge papers with other authors, this is acceptable as long as at least one paper was originally submitted as an extended abstract.
- Not all proposals accepted for the conference will be accepted for the JCOM special edition. A guest editor will be appointed to review all the submissions that meet the criteria.
- You do not need to submit the full paper before the conference. The deadline will be shortly after the event, to provide an opportunity to revise your paper in light of any feedback from the conference delegates.
You can submit a paper via the JCOM website. To prepare your contribution, please use the template available on the website. To submit your contribution, please:
- Go to http://jcom.sissa.it/jcom/index.jsp and register
- In the ‘Submit’ section, select ‘Submit an article for the special issue’
- Select ‘Third International ECSA Conference - Ecsa Conference 2020’
- Follow the step-by-step guide to submission, referring to the instructions available in the section ‘For authors’ (at the top of the JCOM home page).
For further information and assistance, please contact the JCOM editorial office (jcom-eo (at) jcom.sissa.it).