Preparing your presentation
You will receive the link to connect to your session as a speaker 2 days before your session. If you have not received it the day before your contribution is scheduled, write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Different sessions have different links, so be sure not to mix them if you speak in more than one session.
Please connect 15 minutes before the start of the session using Chrome as preferred browser, and read carefully the best practices for the use of the ECSA 2020 streaming platform.
How your presentation will take place:
- The slideshare will be done through the presenter’s screen sharing, so any slide format is acceptable as long as it works on the speaker’s computer, but a backup version in PDF must be uploaded before August 31st.
- There will be a chat - Q&A space during the presentation. The chairperson will take care of gathering and asking questions from this channel.
- Instant polls are possible, allowing for up to 4 multiple choice options (see upload deadline below).
- Speakers can use Mentimeter to involve participants in multiple ways. Presenters can indeed launch the interaction through the slides and share results on her/his screen. Be aware that there are 20-25 seconds of delay between the live speech and the broadcast so ensure enough time between the polls’ launch and the plotting of results.
- The vimeo platform does not allow for the creation of breakout rooms. We encourage presenters to stick with the use of the few recommended tools (Vimeo Polls, Vimeo Q&A, Mentimeter) to avoid frustration on participants’ side from being exposed to many different softwares along the sessions. However, should presenters have specific interactivity needs for their session, they may contact the organizers at email@example.com and they will do their best to provide further support.
- Presenters are strongly encouraged to clearly indicate whether or not photography/recording of their slides and sharing/remixing of the material is permitted. One possibility is to incorporate into their slides one of the following images: YES or NO.
Upload all materials before August 31st
All materials for the presentation need to be shared with the organizers before August 31st, mostly by an automatic upload form on the website that you can find here (once logged in). If you can't find your contribution slot, please remember to check among those already uploaded, because maybe one of your cospeakers has already done it. This information includes:
- a PDF version (max 40 Mb) of the slides as backup, should the connection during the live presentation be troubled
- a brief summary of maximum 100 words to be shared on the programme webpage.
- Videos (if any) to be shared during the presentation, must be sent via WeTransfer or drive/dropbox link to firstname.lastname@example.org or the youtube link can be shared either via the same email address.
- Text and details of Instant Polls (if any) to be cast during the presentation.
No changes on the presenter lists/chairperson/time and time breakdown can be done after August 31st.